Sunday, November 16, 2014

Grain Free Pumpkin Pancakes


While limiting my carbs, I tried banana egg pancakes.  Amazing!  I knew I wanted to adapt them for pumpkin.  It took a while.  I almost gave up on the idea.  But after eating many so-so or downright awful attempts, I finally found a winner.

I eat these pancakes plain. Seems like the most logical option when syrup is out of the question. But they would also be good topped with my Chocolate Banana Frosting, natural nut butter, or even this pumpkin nut butter (with no need to add her optional sweeteners). The latter option would really pump up the pumpkin flavor in this breakfast.  I love that stuff so much I really wouldn't know how to improve upon its flavor. 

"[They're] so fluffy!"
Grain Free Pumpkin Pancakes
Serving Size:  4 pancakes
Servings: 1  *  Calories: 148. *  Carbs: 16g  *  Fat: 5g  *   Protein: 7g  *  Fiber: 3g  *  Sugar: 10g

Ingredients:
1/3 cup pumpkin
1 egg
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tbs. date paste
1 tsp. vanilla

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F. 
  2. Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.  
  3. Pour batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet to make 4 pancakes.
  4. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350F.
  5. Enjoy!
Notes:  You can also make pancakes the normal way on the stove, but I hate standing over a stove then trying to flip the pancakes.  With the oven method, I get to multitask!  This baking method was a brilliant idea from Detoxinista.  She indicates that the parchment paper is non-negotiable.  I haven't tried baking these pancakes any other way yet.  UPDATE:  These worked just as well for me when I baked them on a silicone baking mat.

No comments:

Post a Comment